Skip to main content
- Let us know if you are no longer eligible for our services.
- 60 yrs or older
- Not driving/homebound
- Live alone and/or no one able/willing to prepare meals for you.
- A physical and/or mental health condition is making it hard for you to prepare your meals.
If at any point client does not need services/is not eligible, let staff know immediately as our funding is limited and others in the community are in need of our services.
- BE HOME FOR DELIVERY BETWEEN 10:00AM AND NOON
Call Meals on Wheels by 4:00pm the day before delivery to cancel a meal. If you are not home for delivery 4 times, there may be a charge for meals and/or termination from the program. We are willing to help clients with any challenges they may be having. Example: MOW can provide cooler and ice packs to be set out by client on delivery days when he/she will be away. MOW can help client and family problem solve. COMMUNICATION WITH MOW STAFF REGARDING THESE NEEDS ARE KEY TO STAYING ON THE PROGRAM.
- Place cooler and ice/ice pack at door if you will not be home, but would still like the meal. Make sure ice/ice packs are cold in cooler to ensure food safety. No call is necessary to receive meal in cooler.
- Be courteous to Meals on Wheels volunteers and staff.
Meals on Wheels Responsibilities
- To provide nutritiously balanced meals following food safety guidelines.
- To inform clients of meal delivery protocol and support clients with support as needed.
- To offer a voluntary opportunity for recipients to donate towards their meals quarterly per federal/state/local grant requirements.
- To provide notification and reason for meal cancellation if initiated by Meals on Wheels.
- To follow HIPPA and Civil Rights guidelines.
- To provide a quality, caring service to all recipients.
Meals May Not Be Delivered for the Following Reasons:
- There is no volunteer available to deliver the meal. If this is the case, MOW staff will likely deliver.
- Due to inclement weather. When Haywood County Schools close FOR WEATHER, there is no meal delivery that day. Check WLOS Channel 13 for accurate updates.
- The bill is not paid within one month.
- There is no cooler with ice/ice pack at your door to leave meal in if client is away.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Call Program Supervisor, Steffie Duginske, at 356-2442 by 4:00pm the day before to cancel your meal.
- Cooler with ice/ice packs may be left for meal delivery during scheduled appointments with but not main form of delivery.
- INDIVIDUAL TASTES VARY. However, if you are getting more nutrition with the meal than without, it’s likely a good match. WE VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK. TELL US WHAT YOU LIKE AND/OR HOW WE CAN IMPROVE.
- Clients whose meals are being paid for by grants/fundraising/donations are invited to donate towards their meal cost. Donations can be mailed to Haywood County Meals on Wheels - 157 Paragon Parkway – Clyde, NC 28721. If you are able to contribute something, WE THANK YOU! THERE ARE SO MANY SENIORS IN NEED AND FUNDING IS LIMITED.