THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING FOR MEALS ON WHEELS!
There are many opportunities to volunteer with our team! Here are some ways you could be involved:
- As a Permanent Driver
- As a Substitute Driver
- As a support during community events
- As a pet food bagger
Our volunteer drivers are expected to do the following:
- Arrive at the Meals on Wheels facility between 9:30AM and 10:00AM
- Deliver one route (an average route has 5-10 recipients) on Monday, Tuesday, and/or Thursday
- Complete delivery between 10:00AM and Noon
- Follow program policies and procedures
- Get to know the recipients on your route, and have fun!
If you would like to apply as an individual or a pair, please continue to the bottom of the page to fill out our volunteer application! If you are hoping to volunteer with a team (e.g., a church group, a business team, a sports team, etc.), please reach out to us via email.
If you have any questions prior to volunteering or would like to discuss more about your availability to volunteer, please reach out to Cheryl McCracken at (828) 356-2455.
SOMETHING TO KEEP IN MIND:
Special bonds form between volunteers and recipients. When you develop these bonds, please discuss sharing contact information with them in advance. Occasionally, routes and recipients are changed due to logistics, GIS mapping, construction, etc. You are welcome to phone or visit a recipient if they are moved to another route, rehabilitation facility, or permanent placement outside of their home. We do ask that you respect recipients' privacy, and understand that some details are confidential.